Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today I Expected It!

Today we were back in the classroom, and it felt good to be with the little people again. All the kids were good, and anticipating another day off tomorrow due to a large storm that has moved through the area. They got what they were hoping for, and honestly I'm glad we're off tomorrow too.

At about 4:30 today all the teachers were dashing for their cars, wiping snow off the windshields, and hurrying to get home before even more snow fell to the ground. It was the first time in a while that I have driven in weather like today's and honestly I am not in any mood to drive in it anytime soon. I wasn't freaked out or anything, but I was going REALLY slow on the drive home. In fact, my ten minute drive was about 25 minutes. But, that was fine because I arrived home safely.

After getting Jay and I relaxed a bit, I hopped online to do my watch for a Snow Day Notice. Sure enough, it came not too long after I started watching for it!!! The weatherman noted that at one point we were getting an inch of snow each hour. I'll be interested to see how many inches we have total tomorrow after the storm passes through.

I'm just glad everyone is safe. As I stated yesterday, that's what I really care about, and especially after driving home today, it's even more of a focus for me. Everyone safe at home, I love that idea!

Tomorrow's schedule: sleep, DVR shows, Mario Wii, play with Jay in the snow, and reading a book or two.

I LOVE SNOW DAYS!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: