Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well, That Was Unexpected...

I got up at 5 a.m. today to use the restroom and looked outside. It looked fine and I resigned myself to having to go to school today. The weatherman said the bad weather would move in around 5, but it looked fine. Honestly, I was okay with it because I have Reading Assessments to do with some of my favorite little people by a certain date, and the only way I'm going to get them done is by going to school. So, I went back to sleep.

Around 6:20ish my phone rang. I was in such a deep sleep that I heard the message, but I didn't believe it. My thoughts were along the lines of, "Was that a dream? What? School's out? Huh?" I looked at Jay. He just looked at me, not knowing what was up. I looked outside, and it looked fine. I decided to turn on the T.V. and check it out. Sure enough, at the bottom of the screen they were rolling school closings.

My next thought was along the lines of, "Crud, I'm never going to get DRA's done!" Then I paused, looked at Jay, and thought, "I get to hang out with Jay today!"

Then I went back to sleep.

Later on when I woke up, I saw that they decided to cancel school because of freezing drizzle. I really thought about it, and am glad that my district takes the safety of everyone into consideration. I realize that in May many people will be wishing that we were out earlier but to me it's worth it if it means people are safe today. I truly believe that. Yes, I enjoy snow days, but I care more about everyone's safety, believe it or not.

I also realize that in May a lot of people will be complaining about making days up. I'm going to set a goal not to do that. I mean, it seems to me that either way people complain. If we don't get out due to bad weather, people complain. If we do get out, a lot of people complain in May.

Life's too short to complain, I think. I hope in May I'm able to stay true to those words. *grin*

For tonight, three of my favorite shows are on and I don't have any homework to do. I think I'll cuddle with Jay-boy!

*grin*
Life.
Is.
SPIFFY!

No comments: