Friday, January 14, 2011

What Would You Do?

Every once in a while, I watch the show What Would You do on TV. If you're unfamiliar with it, let me fill you in. It's a news magazine show in which they set up situations with actors and see how people react. I will admit, this isn't one of my absolute favorite shows, but if I am home and it's on, I watch it. It is interesting to me to see what real people do, or in some cases, do not do.

Tonight one of the cases showed someone shoplifting and they wanted to see how many people would report it. I watched and then thought, "I have been in that situation, and I told an employee, and it didn't do any good!" Of course, their point was to get people to be strong enough to stand up for what is right and tell.

The longer I watched it, the more frustrated I got because when I told an someone at Wal-Mart, I was told, "We can't accuse anyone of stealing." (I've blogged about that situation already, just trying to bring everyone up to speed.) I even went in and talked to the manager later, who said the same thing. Hum...I was frustrated and mad at the time, and I felt that again tonight.

After my initial thoughts subsided, I started thinking about it. I was mad then and tonight simply because it seemed as if my words didn't matter. I stood up for what is right, and it wasn't heard.

But, then it hit me. God saw that. God knew the intent of my heart. God knew what I experienced.

The being said, I shouldn't care whether or not it was heard by man in Wal-Mart. The audience of One heard it. And, He was pleased by it, I'm sure of that! It reminded me that even though sometimes what we do isn't accepted by man, there is a God who is watching, and pleased with every little attempt we make. I think that inspires me more than anything to continue to do what's right, even if it's not received by man here on Earth.

I like that.

By the way, in the situation where I reported the incident at Wal-Mart, it occurred when someone was doing the Self-Check registers. Since then, the self-check registers have all been taken out and replaced by Express Lanes run by employees. I guess they figured out how much they were losing by people beating the system. In a weird kind of way, I was happy about that. And every time I walk by the register where it took place, I smile.

Seems like eventually they got the message.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
SPIFFY.

No comments: