Wednesday, February 09, 2011

HAPPY FEET!!!

This morning I awoke to a phone call at 5:47 am saying school was cancelled. I was thrilled. I was supposed to have a meeting before school, and I was really dreading getting up early for it. Needless to say, I was okay with school being cancelled. The last day of school is now June 1, which is fine by me because in May and June the kids can go outside for recess. Believe it or not, that is EXTREMELY helpful in the classroom! *grin* By the way, I got the call and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Around nine a.m. I got up and kicked into my Snow Day Routine. I watched a little TV, and was surfing the web at the same time. I got a friend request on FB from someone that I honestly didn't recognize but saw that we had mutual friends that are good friends of mine, so I agreed to the request. I always go to my new friend's wall to see who it is, but it didn't help at all. There was a picture of a kid as the profile picture, but with the hat on his head, I couldn't tell who it was. So, I went on with what I was doing.

Shortly after that I had a message in my mailbox. The title of the message was "Just saying Hi to the best teacher in the world." At that point, I was intrigued to see who it was from.

I opened it and it said, "hey ms. springer do you remember me happy feet."

I sat here, stunned.

I knew who happy feet was at my old school.

And I had a smile from ear-to-ear!!!

I replied right away, and re-connected with the former student! I was also really excited that it was set up through an adult, so his parents know what's being said back and forth.

Happy Feet was the student that I almost stayed in Joplin for (one more year) before moving here. He still is incredibly special to me, and I was DEEPLY touched that I got to re-connect with him today. I was also excited to hear he is playing baseball this Summer and making A's and B's in school.

I tell ya what, I'm enormously proud of Happy Feet. I'm also glad we're in touch again. That was definitely the HIGHLIGHT of my week so far! His parents didn't have to friend me, but I'm glad they did! *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING!!!

No comments: