Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE MAILBOX AND 20 MATH PROBLEMS

Today I had two highlights of my day. I was going to write about just one, but well, I have to write about both. I mean, it was a REALLY good day.

My first highlight came this afternoon as I was working with a sixth grader on his math assignment. T.J. comes to me after his regular teacher explains the lesson and I sit down and help him with the independent work. He came in with an assignment from his Math book. So, I grabbed my copy of the Math book and we sat side-by-side and did the work. It was SO MUCH FUN because T.J. would sit there and say "Let me try it before you help me." That just encouraged me SO MUCH! So, I would solve the problem on my paper while he would solve it on his and then we would compare answers. It was a lot of fun!!! We laughed a lot even as we worked hard. It was GREAT!!! When T.J. left my room with ALL of his work done and zero math homework tonight, I just grinned. That was my favorite part of my school day today!

My second highlight came tonight as I checked the mailbox. In the mailbox was a card from Torrey, one of my favorite campers! It said the coolest thing on the inside, "I love you. Torrey." *grin*

Yeah, today was a GREAT day!!!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: