Saturday, August 27, 2011

FCF TURNS INTO THE PRAYER ROOM! *grin*

Tonight I was running late for FCF, and I was okay with that. I had spent the afternoon with some of my favorite little people, and knew that being late would be fine. I said a generic, "Lord, I trust that you'll put me where You want me..." prayer, and headed to service after dropping off the little people.

I arrived at the Overflow Lot, and I was told there weren't any parking spots, and I needed to go to the Prayer Room to park and catch a shuttle. Okay, that works. Then a guy walked up and said, "I'm about to leave, she can have my spot." I was so happy about that. I didn't want to be any later than I already was for service, so the Lord took care of the spot for me! I loved it! *grin*

Upon entering service, I wondered if there was going to be a seat for me. The students are back, and we had a guest speaker. I'll be the first to admit, I had never heard of the guy, so it didn't mean a lot to me when they said who was going to be speaking. I was there just in time for the sermon though. *grin* While it was good, it wasn't my favorite part of the evening. *grin*

After the sermon, we had some prayer time and Misty led worship for a while. I was blessed because I had told the Lord that I had missed the worship prior to the teaching, and I was really hoping that there would be time for me to enter in to worship later with Misty leading. He clearly answered that prayer! *grin*

My favorite moment came around 9:00 though. I will openly admit that I haven't spent any extended time in the prayer room in quite a while, and I didn't realize how much I had missed it. Around 9:00 Mike Bickle announced that Misty was going to minister to the Lord, and the room would basically be the Prayer Room for the next hour. I grinned. God knew what I needed before I did, and I LOVE IT when He does that!

The Lord spoke through Misty at one point, and I was one of the people He was speaking to in those 15 or so minutes. I haven't had an encounter like that in probably two years. I think the last time I had that happen was after I moved here and Matt Gilman led a set where I met the Lord in a similar way.

I'm sure that He was speaking to others in the room as well tonight (God has multi-tasking down to an art!) but for me, it was an amazing encounter. I was fortunate, in that right after it began, I recorded it on my iphone. I didn't want to lose it....it was one of those moments you never forget, and you want to preserve to the best of your ability.

I can still hear Misty singing, "It's time to take a leap of faith", and how that connected with my spirit. There were other parts that I really connected with too, but those are just between God & me.

I loved it. God knew what I needed, and definitely blessed me tonight in a special way. I mean, I'm blessed everyday by Him, but tonight was definitely a night I will never forget.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: