Thursday, November 24, 2011

A DAY OF THANKS

I am a Facebook Freak. I am on there a lot. I only post on status per day, but I read updates and check on loved ones several times per day. It's exciting to me, to watch people I care about in the different seasons of life. Facebook is one of my favorite things created in the past few years.

For everyone who is part of FB, they are asked the question, "What's on your mind?" Today I have spent time thinking about what's on my mind, on the day of THANKS. Here's what I came up with:

1. I'm blessed to have the family that I do. My Mother, Father, Brother, and in-laws are amazing. I always enjoy Turkey Day at my brother's house. It was a nice visit today. *grin*

2. Jay constantly amazes me. I am blessed to have the furry kid that I do. We took time to sit and cuddle tonight, and it was a blast for me. I didn't do one lick of schoolwork. I relaxed. It was the most enjoyable day I've had in a while. That was probably the highlight of my day. *grin*

3. I have given thought today to my friends affected by the Joplin Tornado. Some are in different homes or locations due to the tornado that hit six months ago. I prayed for them today. While I'm INCREDIBLY Thankful everyone survived, I know it's still not EASY for those loved ones.

4. I'm thankful for a break from work for a few days. I didn't realize how much I just needed to relax. I LOVE the kids and the job, but this break is GREAT for all of us. *grin*

5. I'm thankful that I know how to read, and was brought up in a home of readers. I currently have THREE books going, THANKS to the book fair. I also have three more waiting. I LOVE BREAKS!!!

6. I have MANY friends on FB, and I was thinking tonight how blessed I am to have so many friends/acquaintances in my life. I'm a blessed gal.

I guess there's more in my head, but that's all I want to share at the moment. I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving Day.

I'm THANKFUL that I have THREE more days off. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: