Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pay It Forward...Kind Of

Today I spent quite a bit of time working in our Book Fair. I am EXHAUSTED right now, but it was a lot of fun selling books to kids and adults all day. There are going to be A LOT of kids getting books for Christmas and they have no idea because their parents shopped while they were in class. It was really cool.

The most touching thing to see today was when those adults would give a student ahead of them that they didn't even know a dollar, or change to help them get what they wanted. It happened A LOT, as kids didn't always have a lot of money sense. *grin* Over and over again I would ring up an order and say "You owe this much, do you have enough?" (Fortunately, our registers gave us the ability to void items if we needed to do that.) If there was an adult behind a student, and the student said, "No" then the adult would say, "Let me put it on my order." I was absolutely amazed at the generosity of the adults toward kids that they (most of the time) didn't know. It was something I've read about, but haven't seen in action. It blessed my heart, and the kids were even more touched. *grin* I LOVED IT. It's a day I'll never forget.

I also enjoyed the book fair, as I got a few books for myself. It's a perfect time for books as I have FIVE DAYS off from work. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job, but am really looking forward to a few days off too!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: