Friday, February 10, 2012

SKELETON CREEK SERIES by Patrick Carman

I was recently at BINGO FOR BOOKS and stumbled upon a book on the book table that looked interesting. I had never heard of it, but picked it up and read the first page. The book was SKELETON CREEK by Patrick Carman. It was not the first book in the series, but I was hooked. I went back to my classroom the next day and ordered the first two books in the series with my points from the book order. I had no idea what it was going to be like, but I was looking forward to book #1. When it arrived, I was REALLY excited!!!

I was intrigued by the idea of a book and video story intertwined in one story. It is a scary story at times, and will admit that I debated back and forth as to whether or not to share it with my students. I finished book #1, and was HOOKED. (I will even admit that I read part of it during the KU/MU game Saturday Night.) I couldn't put it down. *grin*

I started book two and decided I wanted books 3 and 4. I went with a friend to BARNES AND NOBLE to use my gift cards from Christmas to get the next two books in the series. While they only had book #4, I ordered book #3. *grin* I finished book #2 last night and am anxiously awaiting book #3 to arrive. *grin* One bonus, THERE'S SNOW IN THE FORECAST. Perhaps I will finally get my snow day to just read!!! Yes, yes, I do have MANY other books to pick from, but I will admit that at the moment the only one I want to read right now is THE SKELETON CREEK SERIES. *grin*

In case you're wondering, I decided to go ahead and have the experience with my students. We have the book in the library at school, so there's another copy for students to follow along. I've decided to do the read aloud with my sixth graders after we do our regular lesson because a student commented that he missed read aloud time this year. *grin* Honestly, I have missed it too, and we have had a lot of fun this week. *grin*

It's been fun so far, and I finished book #2 here at home. The fun has just begun for my students. They have no idea what kind of ride is ahead of them. *grin*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT...WITH A GREAT BOOK, OR TWO OR THREE!

No comments: