Friday, March 02, 2012

An Appointment with Him

I had an INCREDIBLE night last night with a friend of mine that I wanted to share. Honestly, I feel a stirring within me to share it so perhaps someone else needs to hear it too. *grin* God's so cool like that, He likes to bless His kids even through a little story. He's so AMAZING like that. *grin*

About three weeks ago, I was hanging out with a friend of mine and we discussed how we hadn't been to the Prophecy Rooms at IHOP-KC for several years and how fun it would be to go again. I offered to set it up, and that was that. It's typically a three-week wait for the rooms, so we looked at our calendars, and last night worked out. I was excited ALL DAY for it. I knew it would be GREAT, and I knew that God would give me EXACTLY what I needed. *grin*

In case you're new to Prophecy Rooms, it's really cool. After we checked in, we went and sat in chairs in the back of the Prayer Room. As you know by now, this is my FAVORITE room on the planet, so that was A LOT of fun. We didn't wait long, as a young man walked over and asked the first three people in chairs to walk with him. We were second and third in the chairs, so we went right back.

We went into the small room, and there was a young man and a gal slightly older than me, who explained things. They DO NOT give words with directionality, meaning they won't tell you where to move to, who to marry, etc. Prophecy is simply encouragement in the Lord. *grin* Which is EXACTLY what I got.

I won't share all of what I got, but I will share what spoke to me the most. The gal shared Hebrews 12:1-3, and that she had a sense that I have been a runner with the Lord. (You won't be surprised that this has become one of my life verses, and a picture in my mind of my walk with the Lord. In fact, at one point in my BYKOTA days I taught a sunday school lesson in running clothes to help them get the whole "running with Him" concept.) I have spent years running WITH and TO Him, trying to stay strong because I have felt that's what I was supposed to do. While that is true, and He is pleased with my energy and enthusiasm, He's calling me to REST and RECEIVE for a season. In this new season I'm going to grow in wisdom and knowledge, and just rest and receive the things of Him. I grinned ear-to-ear when I heard this because it completely fit with some things the Lord and I have been discussing lately. Needless to say, there was a lot more to the word, but that was what I needed to hear. *grin*

After we were in the Prophecy Room, we took time in the Prayer Room to be with the Lord. I wrote for a while in my journal, wanting to make sure I got all of the word written down.

Last night was AMAZING. God is amazing, and used a gal to teach encourage me. A season of being able to receive. Thank You Lord, I can't wait to see what's in store for us...

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING!!!

No comments: