Saturday, March 24, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES MOVIE!!! ******

Today I saw THE HUNGER GAMES movie, and REALLY enjoyed it! I read the series a couple years ago, and REALLY enjoyed it! I will admit that when I heard they were making a movie out of the book, I wondered how they were going to do it. I wondered how violent it would be, as the story is about kids being sent to compete in THE HUNGER GAMES, a game to the death. There were more questions I had than that, but I will refrain from sharing all of them. Suffice to say, I was REALLY excited about the movie today.

A couple years ago, Scienceguy and his wife gave me the book for Christmas, and I LOVED it! I read it pretty fast, and continued through the series in no time! So, it seemed VERY fitting when Scienceguy invited me to go with him and his wife to see the movie. I was more excited than I expected to be, and was wide awake this morning ready to go! (I was even early, THAT NEVER HAPPENS!)

Even though it has been a while since I've actually read the first book, I remembered quite a bit today as the movie took as on the adventure. It wasn't as violent as I thought it might be either, which made me happy because sometimes Hollywood goes too far with violence (in my opinion).

I will say, I REALLY enjoyed the movie. Yes, the book was better for me, because I could read Katniss' (the main character) thoughts and feelings throughout the adventure, and have my own "movie" in my mind. HOWEVER, I really enjoyed those two hours and twenty-two minutes of fun! *grin*

My favorite quote remains:
"May the odds be ever in your favor."

Go see it! You might just enjoy it!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!

No comments: