Sunday, May 27, 2012

FIRST SUNBURN OF THE SUMMER. *grin*

Today I went to Joplin for Karen's Party. I had been looking forward to today, to celebrate Karen & the next chapter in her life. She's blessed so many, I was so happy to get to celebrate HER! *grin*

When we discussed the party, she said she wanted a small gathering. Well, that's what she got. Selfishly, I was excited because I knew I would get to see some of my old friends. *grin*

I spent the afternoon with a married couple, their six month old, and Karen. The time was well-spent. It was great to get caught up with everyone, as well as hear what AMAZING things God is doing in everyone's lives. It was WONDERFUL. It was just what I needed, to be around those who know the real me. I smiled on the inside a lot. It blessed me more than any of them will ever know.

For a brief amount of time after the married family left, Karen & I talked about things that have been going on lately. While some of what she said was hard to hear, I know she's right. You have no idea what I mean, and you're not supposed to. God is going to use this summer to speak a lot into me, I am in need of a deep touch from Him that no one can understand except Him.

Shortly after that, another family arrived, and I really enjoyed spending time with them. We wound up going out to eat before I left, which was neat. I don't know them as well as I know the other couple, but it was still a lot of fun. I was blessed by them too! *grin* I'm secretly hoping the kids send me a WORDSWITHFRIENDS invite too. *grin*

I came home with quite a sunburn. We didn't actually swim, but we were outside most of the day. My legs, arms, & neck are all red. It's my own fault, as I skipped the sunscreen. That's okay though, I'll live. Jay isn't wild about the smell of aloe, but is adjusting. He was just glad to have me home. *grin*

Another day to sleep in tomorrow. I love summer break.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: