Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Sermon on the Mount Lifestyle & Friendships

I have lived here for three years, and have heard the phrase "Sermon on the Mount Lifestyle" and I thought I had it. I mean, I thought I understood it. I mean, I've heard so many of Mike's sermons on it that I thought I had it. Then I went to church tonight. He preached on Matthew 5:43-48. During the sermon I came to one very big conclusion: I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT LIFESTYLE. Okay, I have it in my head, but in my heart it's a WHOLE other ball game.

As Mike preached, I thought, "Oh, now I get it. Now I get what everyone means around here when they talk about truly walking this thing out." See, it's what we're called to do. It's SERIOUSLY what we're called to do. To be COMPLETELY honest, my self assessment tonight showed me areas I need to grow in. Go ahead, read Matthew 5, and then see how close you are to really walking out the Sermon on the Mount. I have quite a bit to grow in, and that's okay. I'm a work in progress. *grin* It's also not the end of the series. *giggle*

After sermon & ministry time, there was a gal I wanted to talk to before she left. I'll call her AmazingOne, because to me she's one of my favorite people here. I actually met her and her husband the first summer I moved here when we all attended FCF at 10:45 am. I always sat by them, which was fun. Well, now we all attend Saturday Nights, and I ALWAYS see her blessing others as she prays for them. I also consistently see her standing for prayer for healing. I always intercede for her where I'm standing, but wanted to ask her if there was something I could pray for her. *grin*

I approached AmazingOne and she smiled at me. I signaled that I wanted to talk to her. We talked briefly and moved to a different location because, well, it is hard to chat when Misty's team is leading worship. *grin* We spent time talking and praying for one another. I grinned the whole time. I was blessed by that time with her.

I walked back to my seat when we were done, and smiled when God showed me something fun. I've spent a lot of time this summer praying for friendships. All along, I had AmazingOne as a friend, I just didn't realize it. *grin*

He's cool like that. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: