Wednesday, July 04, 2012

What I'm Thinkin' About

Today is a day to celebrate our freedom. Our freedom didn't come without a cost. It's something I will admit that I take for granted daily. I don't think about it much. I just know that I'm free to do things in this country that others can't do in other countries. Today I've spent more than my usual amount of time pondering things. Not just our rights, but the fact I live in the United States of America.

I think a lot on a regular basis about living in a first world country. I often hear stories of people in other countries without hot running water. I have a friend who lives in a third world country and can't buy Kool-Aid. Kool-Aid!!! Every time I walk into Wal-Mart, I think of her. Literally.

I have a friend headed to the nations from the U.S., and she was telling me that where she's headed there is not running water. She's raising money for a well in that area. She went to buy clothes for the kids in the area, but had to think about what to buy because they don't have washers and dryers like we do. That made me stop and think. *grin*

I didn't choose to be born into a first world country. God chose that for me. I think a lot about that too.

I wake up everyday, take a shower in a shower that's inside my house, pee in a toilet inside my house, buy groceries less than a mile from my home, own my own car, and live in a house that's bigger than some people will ever see in a third world country (And honestly it's small for here in the U.S.). I think about all of those things at least once a day.

I'm just sharing one side of things, I'm not getting into our rights and freedoms as a citizen here in the U.S. I'll save that for another day.

I thank God every day for the blessings He's given me. I didn't do anything to live here, I was just born into this country. Kinda like God's love in a way. We don't earn it, we just receive it.

Gosh, life just keeps getting better and better, don't ya think? *grin*

Thank You Jesus!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!








No comments: