Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Botox Shot Day #1

So tonight's post is more for me than for you. Yeah, you get to join me in this journey, but sometimes this blog is a way for me to remember seasons in my life. This journey of walking straight, or perhaps a better phrase should be walking stronger, has turned into more of a journey I think than I expected. That being said, it's all been good. I've learned a lot so far, and there's clearly a lot more to learn.

Today was a new step in this journey, but let me lay a little foundation first. Woody suggested in the VERY beginning of Physical Therapy that I consider going to Dr. P. and looking into Botox injections. I'll admit, I didn't think I needed it. I just wanted to walk better. But, over time, I realized how tight my muscles are, and that as the day progresses I am so tight that it's hard to walk. So, I talked to Woody again, and talked to Dr. P.'s assistant about it. That led to today.

My Mom went with me, at my request, and I was glad she was there. *grin*

The nurse came in first to give me the information about the shot. I admitted I was nervous, and she was really kind. She answered my questions and I felt better. The doctor came in and figured out what amounts he was going to put into the legs. He stated it would take up to two weeks to feel the full results of the shots. Honestly, that made me feel better. I thought it would be an immediate thing, not a progressive thing. *grin*

The actual shots? Well, I had six injections total. I think I did pretty well with the shots. I didn't like them, I'll admit it, but it also wasn't as bad as I thought. So now it's a wait-and-see thing.

The shots are supposed to make my leg muscles more loose. I should be able to move more freely, and my left leg should shift out more naturally. I can't wait to see what happens. *grin*

So, today was Day #1. The shots last 3-4 months, and then I can get more, if we see it's beneficial.

I'm kind of looking at it like my own Science Experiment.

I'm excited to see what happens.

Day #1.



No comments: