Monday, September 10, 2012

The Unexpected *grin*

I have a really neat testimony to share tonight, but I want to set it up for you.

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time with a friend, who (Can I be truly honest with you? Of course I can, you're a friend, right? *grin*) well, he, well, sees our friendship as one-sided. Have you ever had one of those?

I mean, you love the person to pieces, and would love to help them in any way you can, but EVERY time you talk to them it's all about them. Now, I'm not meaning I want it all about me, I want it to be two-sided. Crazy idea, I know!

So, I spent some time with my friend for a little while and spent the rest of the day talking with God about it. The cool thing about it is that God knows my heart, so I didn't have to preface a thing with "Well, see, uh, well..." He just knows.

He knows I love my friend.
He knows I want to be that friend, even if it means I drive off thinking, "No, it's okay, don't ask about me, it's okay, I'll be here for you..."
He knows that deep down I love people to the best of my ability.

Then I got to thinking about things. And He and I talked. A LOT.

I was fine. I am fine. I'm always fine.

And there was a lot said just between me and God yesterday that was what needed to be laid down.

So, today I went into work and checked my mailbox around noon. Now, I should state I TOLD NO ONE ABOUT MY CHATS WITH GOD YESTERDAY. It was just between me and Him. That's the way it should be, right? *grin*

So, in my mailbox was a gift bag.

I found that odd. It's not my birthday, and teacher appreciation falls in May.

So, I went over and opened it.

In it was a card. On the card was EXACTLY what I prayed about yesterday. EXACTLY.

Now, I'm not going to say what exactly the card said because it was between me and God, but I was smiling.

What was even more special was that no one signed the card.

It was from Him!!!

So now you're wondering what was in the bag, right?

A necklace. Not just any necklace either. It was a necklace that I've liked before but thought, "I don't want to spend the money on it, but would wear it if I had it."

You won't be surprised to know it's a cross necklace.

Talk about an unexpected surprise from God. *grin* I loved it.

I put the card up in my classroom, as a reminder for me.

I'll wear the necklace tomorrow. I've already tried it on. It looks great!

I love it when God uses people to bless us.

Today I was blessed in a way that can't be expressed in words.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: