Saturday, September 15, 2012

WONDER by RJ Palacio *****

It's been a BUSY week, and I haven't blogged at all. It seems like it was a SLOW wee, yet it went by really fast too.

So tonight I wanted to pause and talk about the BEST book I've read in YEARS. The book is about a boy named August (Auggie) who was born with a face that is not like the rest of ours. The easiest word I can use to describe his face is deformed, although I don't think that's the politically correct term these days. At any rate, the story is about Auggie, his life, and his new adventure as he enters public school for the first time as a middle school student after being home schooled.

It touched my heart on levels I hope you never understand. See, I was made fun of by kids just as Auggie was made fun of in this book just because he was different than other people. At one point in my childhood, kids didn't want to touch me because they were afraid that they would limp like me if they did. Yeah, kids can be cruel. I could go on and on, but I won't because that's not the point of this post.

The point of the post is to encourage you to read WONDER by RJ Palacio. You will laugh, cry, cheer, and be encouraged by this character as you read this book. Page 301 changed me.

So run, don't walk, and pick up this book! Oh, and read it at a time you can sit and read for a while because once you start it you won't be able to put it down! *grin*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT, WITH A GREAT BOOK IN YOUR HANDS!

No comments: