Thursday, September 06, 2012

Woody is my Hero!!!

Today I took a half day off work to go to two appointments. The first one was Physical Therapy with Woody. He asked me how I was doing, and I was pretty blunt with him. He has known about the toe for months, but I told him I was at a point I wanted to do something to get it to stop. It's to the point it hurts to walk around at school. I can't have that, and I'm too young to be having these problems. *grin*

He looked at the toe, the foot, and the leg and told me that there were actually some things we could look at doing. I remained calm and mature, but inside I was doing a happy dance. He told me that they would start with a shot, try a couple other things, and could move up to surgery. Obviously they start with the easiest, and then we'll see where we go. I told him I was meeting with KCBJ after my PT, and he said that was where he would start. *grin*

After my session with Woody, I did have an appointment with KCBJ and I was able to talk about various things. We're going to try some new things to help my muscles relax, and tomorrow I get to go get a shot for my toe. Of course, the biggest focus was the muscle tightness I struggle with, but I changed it to the toe. Woody gave me some good words to use, and it REALLY helped. Today, he was my hero!

At the end of my time with Woody, he said, "Let's get that toe taken care of first. That will affect everything else if we don't."

You don't have to tell me twice! *grin*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: