Monday, October 15, 2012

Dear God, It's Me, Shannon

Dear God,

I have been pondering, and honestly losing sleep, and want to hear YOUR still, small voice.

See, you've given me that perspective of how to live each day to the fullest. To want to get the most out of each day. I figure I have roughly 80 years on this planet, so I have roughly 29,200 days of life. Within that, I have roughly 14,600 days left. (Of course, YOU know the actual numbers!) That isn't very many days.

Yes, I think like that, God. I really do. So, I want to make each day count.

TOTALLY COUNT.

And I truly believe you want me to make them count.

Then I have days like today when I don't understand some things going on around me. And, I feel joy taken away from me. That's NOT You. It's also NOT me. So, what do I do?

I talk to You. Over and over again, I talk to You.

And even though I still feel down. I know You're there. You're always there.

So tonight I pray You'll give me peace to sleep. I pray You'll give me wisdom for the next few days.

I want EACH day to be lived to the FULLEST even though the things around me don't make sense, and so much is out of my control.

So I pray that Your still, small voice will envelop me. I pray that peace will over take me. And no matter what is around me, Your Spirit will comfort me and guide me.

I love you,
In Jesus Name,
Shan

No comments: