Saturday, October 13, 2012

God's Love

I've been in a weird spot. Not a bad spot, but a weird spot. The specifics don't matter, but I've been asking myself a lot of questions lately. And, I've been asking God a lot of questions lately too. The cool part is that I know that God enjoys it when I ask Him things, even if I don't get an immediate response. I imagine He loves that the most actually, as I am standing firm in the knowledge of knowing He's in control, even if I don't feel Him or hear him. Yesterday, though, I was blessed by Him unexpectedly.

I was in the midst of a challenging conversation and I felt my heart rate go up. Then I heard his still small voice say, "I'm with you, Shannon." Go ahead, call me strange if you don't believe in that, but it's true. My heart rate lowered, and He guided my tongue in the conversation. For that, I am blessed. I like it when He gives me nuggets like that. I felt His love, and I still have questions, but I know He will answer them in His timing.

Tonight I watched one of Louie Giglio's Passion Series talks, and I feel inspired again. It's been a while since I've been reminded of God like that. And, I'm not surprised that He gave that to me tonight. I won't get into the questions between God and me, but He gave me nuggets tonight too that have left me smiling.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: