Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Taken for Granted---Health

I tell ya what, I'm a rather healthy individual. Yeah, I have a limp, and I'm working on walking stronger, but I'm healthy. I rarely miss work for health reasons. Today, however, I missed the little people!!!

I woke up around 2am with stomach issues that required a trip to the bathroom. I'll spare you the actual details of what happened, but I was up A LOT throughout the night, and it continued through the morning. Needless to say, with the need of a toilet nearby, there was no way I was going to be able to be responsible for little people today. So, I got up and did everything I needed to do for the day off.

It's weird, I REALLY like days off when it's a snow day, or scheduled day off, but today has not been fun because I haven't felt well. It's weird too, my head feels fine but my stomach is not liking me. :-P

I was diagnosed with Crohn's back in 2008 and I tend to think this is a flare up, but I'm not 100% sure of that. It could just be a bug. Either way, it has made me realize how much I take my health for granted.

I take MAYBE one day off per year for a sick day. The rest of my sub days are typically planned ahead of time. Other than that, I have a headache here and there, but I'm healthy. I was reminded today of how blessed I am. Really blessed.

It has helped that I have Jay. We have cuddled the majority of the day, and I've barely been on the laptop. I've checked the iPhone a lot, but I've just laid and cuddled with the pup. I can tell I'm not well because of that. *grin*

I'm hoping to be back at work tomorrow, as I have seriously missed the little people today. Regardless, I am blessed because I know this will pass and I'll be okay in a day or two. Some people aren't so lucky. I've prayed for them. My heart leaps for them as one day has been tough for me.

I am blessed. Seriously blessed. Thank You, God.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: