Tuesday, November 06, 2012

#6 THE RIGHT TO VOTE

I sit here on Election Night, and am thankful that I live in a country where I can vote for the leaders of my country. It's not something I take lightly in any way, shape, or form.

I'll come right out and say it, I don't tell anyone who I vote for. When I was young, my Dad taught me something that has stayed with me. What he always said was, "Shannon, who you vote for is between you and God. You don't have to tell anyone who you voted for." It's not that I'm afraid to tell you, I just don't want to share. I think of it as a special thing that is almost sacred. Not quite, but I view it that seriously. So, to share it with you, well, just doesn't seem right. *grin*

Some people LOVE politics, and while I follow it, I am not one that lives and breathes what each candidate is doing and saying. I've got a lot of other things to keep me busy. *giggle*

However, that doesn't change the fact I feel honored to live in a nation where I can have a voice in who gets elected. There are people in other countries who would love to have this kind of freedom, and they just don't have it. I don't take what I have for granted.

As a nation, we are all blessed.

The majority of what I listened to today on both radio and TV centered around the Presidential Election. Even Air1 and K-Love talked about the election. However, it wasn't what you might think, and it was where I got the best source of inspiration today around the election.

Both stations stated the same thing. I'm paraphrasing, but basically they said, no matter who wins, God is still in control. Yes, He is! I grinned every time I heard that. *grin*

So, tonight I feel blessed to live in the U.S. where I can cast a vote for a person freely.

I'm also glad that Campaign Ads are over with now and my phone will not ring with various messages from various candidates. (I didn't answer them by the way, they went to voicemail. *grin*)

I have a voice and can vote in this wonderful country.

For that, I am thankful.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: