Friday, November 09, 2012

#9 A Wave From a Blonde Kid

Tonight I joined my school family for the Mavericks game in Independence. I had never been to a hockey game in person, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Honestly, I was there to hear the school choir sing, and members from the choir had already thanked me for coming. *grin* Needless to say, I was excited about tonight.

I got there (after 30 min. delay on 470 that made me ponder the purchase of an automatic car) and immediately saw some friends from work. We walked in together and grabbed some seats.

The choir members and their families were spread out within two sections that were side-by-side. It was GREAT. There were A LOT of kids in the choir that I didn't know were singers! It was REALLY cool!

The entire evening was great, and reminded me how blessed I am to be a member of the SVE family. However, one moment was actually my favorite of the night.

There was a blond boy in the section next to mine, but it was quite a way from where I sat. He's not on my caseload or in my classroom, but he is a favorite kid of mine around our building. He's just a neat kid. Somehow, he got my attention.

I thought about it on the drive home, and it was a God thing that I even saw him to begin with, as there were a lot of people in the two sections we were in. But, as I scanned the audience, I saw him waving, jumping, and grinning at me. I did one of those "Is he looking at me?" Sure enough, he was, and I grinned and gave a HUGE wave back! It was my daymaker, for sure!

I realize you may be thinking, "Um, it was a wave, what's the big deal?"

Here's the deal, God is showing me that people NOT things are what I'm to be thankful for. This kid, who is truly special to me, showed me that I matter to him as well. Within that, my heart was happy in such a special way.

That blonde kid won't know that that wave was the moment that made the night for me, and gave me my thankful thought for the day.

I like that.

We just never know when we bless others. That kid REALLY blessed me tonight. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.



No comments: