Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Service at FCF

One of my favorite things about the holidays are the traditions each family celebrates. I love hearing what everyone does, as everyone does things slightly differently. For me, I do FCF's Christmas Eve Service every year. It's my tradition.

Tonight Jon Thurlow led worship, which is always a highlight for me because I am never in his sets. The moment I realized he was leading, I was THRILLED. We did some Christmas Carols, but we also did one of his songs, which made me grin ear-to-ear.

My favorite moment of the whole service is when we light candles at the end. Every year I debate about taking a picture because it's such an amazing thing to see, and then I remember it's about Jesus.

A picture can't sum up what that moment signifies or the beauty of the Lord in that moment, in my opinion. It's something you have to experience. I truly believe that.

Every year I look forward to that service because after that service, I feel like it's Christmas. Tonight that was definitely true.

One phrase that we sang really connected with me tonight...

"Oh Come Let Us Adore Him."

That's my prayer. That tomorrow isn't about gifts.

That it's about adoring Him.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

Thank You, Jesus!

No comments: