Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas From Jay and Me

I wanted to post my Christmas letter again this year. I have so many FB friends that I can't afford to send everyone a letter. So, here it is! Blessings from Jay and me! *grin*

Dear Family and Friends,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope this letter finds you well. 2012 came and went in a blink of an eye, but I am HAPPY to be writing you again with the yearly update from Jay (The amazing dog!) and me. I love walking to the mailbox each day and finding real meal, because it brings a smile to my face. ☺ So, I’m hoping that this letter makes you glad that you took a short walk to your mailbox! ☺

Jay and I are still together in our townhome, which we love! Jay continues to be the highlight of my day, and we are the best of buddies! Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for him! He makes me laugh everyday! He turns 5 on Christmas Day! ☺

I continue to spend time in the IHOP-KC Prayer Room when I can, which is my FAVORITE place on the planet! I attended IMMERSE (An eight day training) in June, and LOVED IT! I also attend church on Saturday nights, Forerunner Christian Fellowship, and drive shuttles on Sunday mornings. I have made some wonderful friends here, and continue to meet more as time goes on. Shuttles are a highlight of my week, as I get to meet people from all over the world who come to visit the Prayer Room for a season. I enjoy meeting them, praying for them, and developing friendships along the way! ☺ I am home.

I am looking forward to the annual ONETHING conference held by IHOP-KC at the end of this December. For me, it’s my favorite four days of the year!!! Four days of shuttles, prayer room, and various other activities in Him. So. Excited. ☺ I’ll enter in 2013 at the conference! ☺

I spent two weeks out at CAMP BARNABAS again this year, and LOVED it! I served during two of their Autism weeks, and LOVED it. I had never served during Term 5, the older teens with Autism, and I LOVED it. Our cabin was amazing! In 2013, I’ll be serving during Term 1, which is the term most of those girls will move to be in so I’m REALLY excited about that! This year I also served during Term 7 and got to be with my FAVORITE camper, Ronni!!! It was another wonderful week with those girls and CIA’s, and I will be serving again during Term 7 in 2013! ☺ Camp is my second favorite place on this planet, as walking with the limp is normal. ☺ God does a lot in me and through me there, and I look forward to serving again next year out there! ☺

I still teach students with Learning Disabilities and Other Health Impairments. I really enjoy working with the students on my caseload. They make me laugh everyday, and teaching reading is my favorite part of my day. They have all made great gains in reading and I’m so proud of them!

I hope 2012 has been a good year for you! It is my prayer that 2013 and the years that follow are full of life, laughter, and love. ☺

So…are you glad you walked to the mailbox? ☺

Love, Shannon & Jay

No comments: