Saturday, December 15, 2012

Encouragement from Scripture

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged. Life has been busy, between work and preparing for the holidays I've been meeting myself coming and going. Nothing's been wrong, I've just been BUSY.

I've been pondering something for a while now, and I wanted to share it with you because it may help you. I know it has helped me immensely in recent days.

Years ago I had a friend who pointed out a scripture to me that continues to bless me everyday. It's from 2 Corinthians 10:5, "...we take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ."

At the time I was walking through a tough season and it helped pulled me up out of that and into a healthier place. I thought that scripture was given to me just for that season, and I have learned over the years that that wasn't the case. I have gone back to that scripture over and over again since that time. While I haven't been in that exact same initial season that I was in, I have found that it has kept me grounded in what really matters.

I am amazed at how active my mind is, and that it takes effort to stop it and keep my mind on the positive things. I am constantly bombarded by things that are not of Him, and it takes just a second for me to quote that scripture in my mind or say a silent prayer to keep perspective on what is what the Lord wants me to meditate on.

I know that's why I love the Prayer Room. In there, it's easy to focus and think on the things that matter. At the same time, I don't live there 24/7. I sure wish I could though! *giggle*

So, I wanted to share that, especially in light of the news yesterday. It is so easy to sit and think about the negative in that horrible situation. And it is horrible. However, if we stay in the negative, the enemy has won. We need to focus on what He wants us to see and within that, I believe that wisdom will come forth.

I also wanted to share it because some of you are in a battle. Perhaps Christmas is a tough season, or someone you love is sick this time of year. Perhaps this scripture will help you take those negative "What if" thoughts captive and turn them into prayers that are obedient to the Lord.

As for me, I am not going to get into my own little thought life, as it would bore you. *giggle* However, I will say I'm using this scripture daily. And I can honestly say it's helping me in ways you'll never know, just as I believe it will help you. *grin*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: