Sunday, June 16, 2013

New Friends

Today (or yesterday if you want to be technical about it) I went down to Neosho to spend some time with some new friends. You may find that odd, that I drove a little over 2 hours to spend time with people I had never really met before, but I also knew it was from the Lord. I was SO EXCITED that it is hard to explain in words! I knew it was going to be fun, and I was right.

Upon arrival, I met Matt. Matt is a young man that has a few challenges right now, but gosh he is such a neat young man! He talked to me about his dog at first, and I smiled. I knew the afternoon was going to be fun.

We went inside and played a game that I had never played before, but I liked it. After one game, Matt played piano for us before some of their other friends left. After that was chat time!

I absolutely love this couple that is raising Matt! They are so sweet and genuine in their hearts for the Lord that I kept thanking Him (in my head) for giving me the opportunity to spend some time with them.

Matt returned from Bible Study around 8 and after we ate dinner he decided we should play basketball. I really didn't understand WHERE we were going to play since it was getting dark, but I was excited too. As it turned out, they basically have a court in their garage. It is a really cool set up!

My legs were stiff, so I had wished we had played first, but Matt was so supportive in my lack of movement. I wonder if next time I can play ball with him AT FIRST instead of at the end of the visit. *giggle* I laughed and smiled as Matt showed off his stuff! He's a good basketball player!

It blesses me when I'm around the Matt's of this world. God gave me a heart for them, and I was truly blown away by this young man. God has some exciting things in store for him, He really does. And I look forward to hearing about them in the days and years to come. *grin*

Before I left I asked if I could pray for them as a family. It was such a sweet time with the Lord with them. They definitely love the Lord, and I was blessed by the entire visit.

I look forward to seeing them again, in the Lord's timing. I'm blessed to be able to say my scope of friends just grew a little bit bigger today.

Thank You, Lord.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: