Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Fun with Friends

The past few days were so much fun that they went by FAST. I find that the older I get, the faster time goes when I'm enjoying myself. *grin* It seems like my friend and her kids just got here, and instead they are home tonight. I tell ya what, it was a BLAST having them here. It was Mom, a 12 year-old, 6 year-old, and 3.5 year-old.

I'm going to share what we did, for me more than for you. However, feel free to read on. I enjoy sharing my life journey this side of Heaven with you! *grin*

They arrived and Jay was definitely the hit of the day! The family that came doesn't have a dog, so Jay is ALWAYS a source of entertainment for them. He's a GREAT sport, and gets A LOT more table scraps than usual, so it works for him. *grin*

We went to the local water park here in LS, and had a BLAST. My favorite part, by far, was the big body slide. It's COMPLETELY dark, and is fast! It was AWESOME. Another highlight was joining the 12 and 6 year-olds on the Lazy River (Actually called the Action River.). They started out with me, and then got ahead, and I was on my own. I figured the two were together, so I wasn't worried. It's a small water park in comparison to others in KC, so I knew I felt that they were okay. Next thing I knew, the 6 year old came back to me, grabbed my tube, and said something like, "You're too slow, come on!" And he pulled my tube back to where you enter. It was SO CUTE. I laughed. *grin*

After that, we came back, split pizza, and played. The 12 year old and I started playing Uno. That was another true highlight for me. Over the span of the time they were here, we played 20 games, and he won 11, and I won 9. *grin* It was a lot of fun though. *grin*

Friday (yesterday) we got up and around and went to the KC ZOO. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the KC Zoo! I go once a year with this family, and it was a lot of fun. The Polar Bear continues to be my favorite, and you could almost leave me there while everyone else went on. ALMOST. *grin* The 12 year old wanted to do "Africa" which meant we rode the sky lift. I was initially nervous because it was so high up, but then I enjoyed it. It was really fun. The other bonus was that we walked A LOT and my toe did GREAT. I was happy!

After the zoo we went to the T-Rex Cafe. I have been there before with them, but it has been about 4 years. It was REALLY nice, as we got there before the dinner rush and we were seated right away. We enjoyed the gift shop, as well as the food. They did the dinosaur dig, but I opted out. I browsed in the gift shop, and was amazed at what was available there. *grin*

After that, we made our way home, and we were all tired. We finally had the Wii hooked up, and the kids took turns between my iphone, ipad, and wii. Their Mom and me talked A LOT. (Up very late, but TOTALLY worth it!) It was AWESOME. I am SO BLESSED to have them come every summer and to be able to still have a friendship with them even though I moved away 4 years ago. *grin*

This morning we relaxed and they left after lunch. Jay continued today with being loved on by the kids. He especially liked the 3.5 year old. *grin* Of course, the 3.5 year old fed him ALL THE TIME, so that helped. I noticed today that Jay sat by the him on the chair and was VERY relaxed. It was cute. *grin*

They left around 2:45, and Jay and I came inside. Jay IMMEDIATELY fell asleep. He has slept the ENTIRE evening. He's a tired furry kid. *grin* I'm not far behind him in the sleep department. *giggle*

It was a lot of fun, and I have thought tonight about how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. I'm also blessed to get to see those kids grow up each year. I do want to go to them one day this summer and swim with them there. *grin* The 12 year-old liked that idea. *giggle*

This is turning out to be one GREAT Summer.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: