Monday, July 15, 2013

Give Me A Pure and Holy Passion...Lead Me On And I Will Run After You

It always amazes me how much a song can make an impact on a person's life.

Well, I should state that songs have been an instrumental thing in my life.

I can recall certain events based off a song much like some people can smell rain before it rains. I do not have the ability to smell rain, even though I TRY every time it rains to know what that smell is, but I have never been able to learn that smell. I've always thought that the human senses vary in each person. I have ZERO backing for that statement, it's just been a theory. *grin*

For as long as I can remember, music has meant a lot to me. A LOT. This came to me again on Sunday (Sunday, July 14, 2013) as I sat in the Prayer Room. (Still my favorite place EVER.)

When Sarah Edwards came out for the 2pm set, I was REALLY excited.

I have been sad due to Matt's departure from the Prayer Room. I mean, not depressed, just kinda "blah". Then Sarah came out Sunday, I thought, "Right, You still have this." *grin* (Just being transparent here.)

I have always connected with God in musical worship. Hence, my favorite place is the Prayer Room. *grin* (My second favorite place is Camp Barnabas!) Even before I was saved though, I have always loved music. *grin*

Sunday afternoon when Sarah came out to lead, I was immediately excited. I knew 4pm would not be my usual thing, (Matt led that set.) but He is so cool to orchestrate things just as I need it. While I realize it was probably for more than me, that's fine. I am one of His favorites though, so it was for me too. *giggle*

I have consistently met the Lord in Sarah's sets, just as I have in Matt's, so I knew I was in for two AMAZING hours! *grin*

I was right.

She went into a song that we did at ONEDAY 2000. Yes, I remember that like it was yesterday and that trip is one of the most powerful ones that I've had as an adult. Granted, I was a younger adult then, but it really helped set a firm foundation for where I am in the Lord today. *grin*

Sarah went into that song, and I went back to that field in my mind's eye.

See, ONEDAY 2000 was on a field in Tennessee. We camped out, (Now that I think about it, that's the last time I TRULY camped out.) and participated in the conference on a field. It rained the main day of the conference, but that didn't stop us. We stood and sang A LOT that day. We also heard some amazing sermons too. I LOVED IT.

It was before I realized how much I REALLY like musical worship.

It was before Beech Road.
It was before my first year of teaching.
It was before the world gave me tough experiences this side of Heaven.
It was before my CP became more challenging.
It was before the challenges I have faced since I moved to L.S.

It was when I truly believed I would be married and have kids by now.
Life was different.
Less distractions, and more focus on Him.

It was before I discovered IHOP-KC.
It was before I knew about this amazing prayer room that I've come to love so much.

On Sunday, we went into that song that TOTALLY connected with me that May at ONEDAY 2000.
And, as hard as it is to put this into words that you can understand, HOPE came back into my heart again. I can't put a finger on the exact moment when I lost hope, but yesterday, I felt it return. *grin*

I sang out in the Prayer Room yesterday just as I did on that hill. Fortunately, those around me didn't really hear because the music is loud where I sit, but I know that HE heard me, and we connected again. *grin*

Needless to say, after it was over, I downloaded the song onto my iPhone. In fact, I downloaded the whole CD because I had lost it a while back. He's teaching me with a song that I sang thirteen years ago on that field.

He's amazing like that. Time doesn't matter in His world, learning can always happen. *grin*

I want to type out the song. It's a popular one, that I've heard in various churches. However, I had not heard it in a long time. It changed me again on Sunday.

Thank You, God. *grin*

PURE AND HOLY PASSION

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You, God

To know and follow hard after You
To grow as your disciple in Your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing You, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after You

Lead me on and I will run after You...

Yes, Lord. Lead me on, and I will run after You...

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING!











No comments: