Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Forerunner Christian Fellowship Candlelight Service 2013

I have been thinking a lot about the fact I have lived here almost 5 years. In so many ways it has gone by fast, and in other ways I feel like it's been an eternity. That being said, I'm happier now than I've ever been here. I feel ENORMOUSLY blessed to be able to say that. I have taken SO MUCH for granted, and I am taking time each day to be thankful for where I am now. *grin*

One of the things I have taken for granted is my church. I have TOTALLY hit a place where I take the Prayer Room and Forerunner Christian Fellowship for granted. It's hard to put into words, but I can tell you that tonight something in me broke and it was a very good thing.

The candlelight service at FCF is ALWAYS a highlight for me. Tonight I went, secretly hoping Jon Thurlow would lead worship, and he did. *grin* I'm not even going to try to explain to you what He did in me, because it was incredibly cool and just between us.

I will say I felt at home once again. *grin*

Candlelight touches my heart for two reasons. One, I like taking time to recognize that Jesus is the reason for this season. In the hustle and bustle of the preparation of the giving of gifts, I honestly take Christmas Eve Service seriously. I like taking time FIRST to be with Him. I LOVE THAT!!! *grin*

Secondly, it has become my own tradition since I've been here. Everyone has their own way of doing Christmas. For me, it's part of my Christmas tradition to begin with the birth of Jesus and go from there. *grin*

It's hard to explain how much I enjoyed service tonight. We even did STRONG LOVE which isn't a Christmas Carol, but it's a FAVORITE in our church. It was fun. TONS of fun.

Please understand, I'm not against the gifts. I LOVE the gifts.

I just like celebrating Jesus first. *grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: