Thursday, January 02, 2014

A Different Kind of Day

I have been deep in thought tonight.

I should start out by saying I am fine. Karen in fine.

Life is good.

However, if I am to be completely honest, today looked MUCH different than I had it going in my head. Sometimes He does that, just to see how I'll react. I think I handled it all okay, but boy has it been a day.

You're probably wondering what in the world I'm talking about. I should start at the beginning.

I awoke this morning and spent time with Jay and the Lord before getting out of bed. This is how I try to start everyday. I knew I was going to have to say good-bye to my friend Karen, and while that's fine, there was a part of me that was a little sad she was leaving. (Trust me though when I say that I KNOW she's headed where He made her to be!) *grin*

I came downstairs, we chatted briefly, and then I cleaned up while she packed. We both laughed as I headed upstairs to clean up, as I did not envy her packing to leave the country. *grin*

Not too long after that, we were headed to the post office. She mailed her letters, and we headed to the airport.

On the way to the airport is when we had a slight car accident. Good times.

It was one of those wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time moments.

Extremely long story short, an SUV crossed two lanes and hit my front passenger side to the extent it needed to be towed.

The air bags didn't release though, which was amazing.

It was one of those slow-motion moments of my life.

The SUV was backing up, and Karen says, "He's gonna hit us" and I slammed on the brake.

I'm so glad I did. Otherwise, Karen would have been hit.

Tonight I have thought about several things.

I feel grateful that we were both okay, as were the guys in the other car.

We were blessed to have an amazing tow truck driver who went above and beyond to keep us warm and safe until my Mom arrived to rescue us. Karen and I prayed over him before we left him, and I loved that moment. I also blessed him financially, as He led me. It was sweet. *grin*

I am blessed to have insurance that takes care of me while my car is being repaired. For this single gal, a car is needed, so I have a rental until mine is fixed.

I have also thought about what would have happened if I hadn't hit the brakes when I did. I don't stay there in that thought, but I'm not sure how I would have handled it if something had happened to Karen. As a friend of mine said today, steel can be replaced, but people cannot be replaced.

I have also thought about the fact I've had my new car 6 months. I'm not kidding. It has made me a little bummed, but at least it can be repaired. *grin*

This break has had me deep in thought over life, death, and everything in between.

We had a family member go Home to Heaven December 26th, so I've been pondering that a lot too.

It has made me keep a healthy perspective.

It's a car.

It's a life.

We're fine.

So, while I awoke today, and things didn't go the way I had hoped, that's okay.

Karen is headed to do what God has called her to do.

I'm healthy, with a rental car, and my car will eventually be mine again.

Life will go on.

I'm sure there will be more thoughts to share in the days to come.

For now, I have a book to read before I crash.

Tomorrow is a flex day (YEA!) to get back in the swing of things before kids on Monday.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GREAT!!!

No comments: