Monday, March 10, 2014

Joplin Day Trip

For my first day of Spring Break (weekday) I woke up early and headed to Joplin to talk to some very nice college students. I talk to college kids each semester, and have done so for several years. I LOVE it. *grin*

After the chat, I went with the professors of the class to lunch at Olive Garden. As always, that was time well-spent. I enjoyed it. After that, I headed to IHOP (food) to meet a friend. One of the perks of speaking in Joplin is connecting with friends from the last season of my life. I will admit, the person I met with today is one of my all-time favorite people, and I enjoyed every story swapped with my friend. Time went by incredibly fast, so when my friend left it felt like it had been minutes instead of a couple hours. I do hope to see her again on another Joplin trip, and am praying that He will give me a friendship beyond where we are now. She's precious, and I'm so glad she's back in my little corner of the world...even from Joplin. *grin*

After that, I met with a teacher friend from Joplin. Janie is one of my closest friends at this point, and I loved talking with her for a couple hours too before heading back here. Janie and I share a love of books, and swapping book titles, authors, and genres was amazing. I also asked her for some reading strategies for one of my students that I want to take further in reading. It was AMAZING, and Janie is definitely one of my favorite people EVER.

*grin*

Today was great.

And there are SEVERAL days left in break, including being BARNABAS BOUND.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: