Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Abolition Summit 2014, Night #1

Tonight I attended the first night of the Abolition Summit at IHOP-KC. I will admit, when I saw the schedule, I was EXCITED because Misty Edwards was leading music and Annie Lobert of "Hookers for Jesus" was speaking. I grinned and made note of tonight, as I knew tonight would be good.

I was right! *grin*

I'll be the first to admit, it's been quite a while since I've been in one of Misty's sets, and it was powerful for me. It was one of those sets that can't be explained in words, and that's okay. Some things just can't be explained in words when God meets you. *grin*

I know Annie Lobert's story from the first Nefarious movie, but I was excited to see her in person. Her message was amazingly good. She made it humorous, but also brought it down to some points I needed to hear. She's here for the Abolition Summit, but her sermon could be applied to anyone in a character-building season. I LOVED IT. *grin*

I can't get into details as to what my character-building season is about at the moment, but Misty's song fits perfectly:
JUST DON'T GIVE UP
AND DON'T GIVE IN
IF YOU DON'T QUIT
YOU WIN, YOU WIN, YOU WIN

*grin*

LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!!!

No comments: