Sunday, August 17, 2014

THE GIVER ****

Today I saw the first movie in a theatre for the Summer 2014 Season. I know, it's sad to admit, I didn't see a movie until now, but well, that's how the Summer went for me. *grin* I was excited to see THE GIVER as I read the book YEARS ago, followed by another time last week. Yep, I wanted to re-read it to compare it to the book today. *grin* When I read the book both times, I LOVED IT. It has been a favorite for years! I almost felt like a little kid looking forward to Christmas as I drove to the theatre today.

As I pulled up, I saw the sign that said, "Fork and Spoon" Theatre. I immediately texted my brother to learn what that meant. Yep, I'm that outta touch with what's going on in the world. *giggle* He explained that they bring you food during the movie! I figured that since my Barnabas friend chose it, it would be cool. As it turned out, my friend didn't realize that it was a serving theatre that we were going to see the movie in. After some discussion, we decided to go anyway. I'll admit, I wouldn't do this thing EVERY time, but for a special treat, it was kinda cool. They brought me my pop and popcorn. *grin*

I will state that, the movie was enjoyable.

However, you know what's coming...THE BOOK IS SO MUCH BETTER. *giggle*

They changed several things in the movie that I wouldn't have changed, but they didn't ask my opinion either. I don't want to ruin it for you, as you may want to see it.

I suggest you read the book first though. It will make a lot more sense if you do.

In the future, I plan on seeing IF I STAY and THE MAZE RUNNER.

I cannot wait.

Yes, I read both of those books too.

*giggle*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: