Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas 2014 My Heart Is Full

My heart is full as I sit here tonight with only a little while (technically) left on Christmas Day 2014.

I wish everyone had a family like mine, but I know that's not the case. Okay, wait, let me back up.

My Christmas actually began yesterday at 3:15pm.

I had two elves and their Mom come by and drop of a couple Christmas goodies for me. I knew they were coming, and I had to smile, as one was a former student of mine. They came in and Jay welcomed them with his typical charm. They only stayed about 15 minutes, but it left a huge smile on my face to be included in one of their family traditions. That truly blessed me. *grin*

Next was the annual Forerunner Christian Fellowship Candlelight Service. This service is a favorite of mine all year, as Jon Thurlow leads music, and the candles...well, they take my breath away. Every year I think, "I want to take a picture" but in the moment, a picture just wouldn't do it. It's something you have to experience. *grin* I love how we take phrases such as "O Come let us adore Him" and truly adore Him in those moments. We even went into Jon's, "Son's of Men." That made the night for me. *grin* I always love how I spend time with Jesus before I do the family/gifts thing. It's hard to explain, but it's special to me. *grin*

This morning I awoke before my alarm (which is becoming the norm) and spent some time with Jay. Today we celebrated Jesus' Birth, and I also celebrated Jay's 7th Birthday. I was excited to spend the day with my family, but it was a cool way to start the day. *grin*

I could give you a play by play of the rest of my day, but I'll spare you that experience. *grin*

I will say, it was one of the best Christmas Days of my adult life.

Perhaps it was because of the gifts....nah, they were good, but that wasn't it.

Perhaps it was the food...nah, I am the pickiest eater on the planet. *grin*

My heart is full because this year I realized how truly blessed I am in the family department.

Yes, I've always felt blessed.

Today though, as we did gifts, swapped stories, and watched TV, I just smiled.

We know each other well, and our entire goal today was to bless each other.

I love that!!!

No drama.

Not one bad word said toward one another.

We just blessed each other.

In fact, we even made a point to get gifts for each other's dogs. *grin*

I am blessed and tonight my heart is full.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.
Oh, and yeah, I got 4 more books today. I love break!!! *grin*

No comments: