Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Eve Eve 2014

Wow, I can't believe that it's already December 23rd.

I love this time of year.

I love going into stores and hearing Christmas music.

I also love saying, "MERRY CHRISTMAS" at checkouts and having people smile at me and say, "Merry Christmas to you too!"

This afternoon I got out for the last few items on my list for loved ones, and I had been dreading it. I knew that wherever I went it would be BUSY. I was right, but it was still okay. I knew that everything would take longer than usual, so I didn't mind.

On my way into one store I saw a former student. I was grinning ear-to-ear! It was so much fun! I also saw one of our current students on my way out of the store and I asked him if he had cried everyday because school is out. He said no, and laughed! *grin*

I have about 3 different posts running around in my brain, but I think I'll just end tonight's post with a precious thought.

Late last week one of my students said, "The reason for Christmas is Jesus." I smiled and told the kid that was correct. Shortly thereafter, another student was in my room and he said that the reason for Christmas is presents. I just smiled. I couldn't tell him what I wanted to because of the boundaries of my job. I wanted to though...gosh I wanted to... Instead I pray for that kid, as well as another who will have a different sort of holiday this year.

Tonight I sit here though, and really ponder the reason for the season.

Tomorrow night is one of my favorite nights of the year, as my church has a candlelight service, and Jon Thurlow typically leads music. During the music, we often do Christmas Carols, modern style. I LOVE IT. We light candles each year, and I am typically near tears or tearful. The experience is beyond words.

I pray that this year you get to take some time and ponder (and spent time with) the reason for the season.

Jesus.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: