Sunday, December 21, 2014

Post #1-Christmas Break 2014

So, I'm finally on break, which is WONDERFUL. I haven't done one thing for school yet.

Not. One.

I will admit, I love that.

It's not that I dislike my job, because I actually LOVE my job. I just need to relax and get charged up for the next semester. In some ways I'm amazed that the year is half way over, and in other ways I can totally believe it. This year is shaping up to be one of the most memorable to date. I've got some incredible kids and the humor in my room this year has made me just stop and smile at each person at one point or another. I'm truly blessed.

So, with the weekend first in the break schedule, today I got to do something really special. I took a dear friend to the Prayer Room this afternoon. I have prayed for a year for this to happen, and at the same time, I knew it would happen in His timing. Today was that day.

My friend met me at the Prayer Room, and we entered together. I told her the basic rules, but from there we just enjoyed it for the following 2.75 hours. I knew she would like it, because she LOVES music.

I wasn't sure how she would enjoy parts of it because it includes Singing in the Spirit, but she did GREAT, and said afterward that she LOVED it!

It's been YEARS since I shared my FAVORITE room on the planet with someone new, and it was AMAZING.

My favorite part was when we sang Christmas Carols.

I loved it.

So, this may not sound super-exciting to you, but to me it is a GREAT way to start this break.

I'm so glad break is just beginning. There's a lot of living left to do the next two weeks.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: