Saturday, March 21, 2015

Random Thoughts, I Think *giggle*

My last post was a lot of fun to write, so I thought I'd do another one before I lay down on the couch and fall asleep. I tell ya, going back to work is really going to cut into my slacker schedule. *giggle*

1. I have a new favorite phrase around my house: "Jay, do you want to go for a walk?" HE GOES NUTS. It's probably the cutest thing I've seen all week. I'll admit, it has motivated me off the couch. However, I have also found that I walk better all the time if I exercise or walk often. It has been a gift from God, and I'm not even kidding. I feel better than I have physically since I moved here. Yeah, I'd like to shed a few pounds, but that's not even my motivation. This won't surprise you: I'm in training for CAMP. Out at camp, I walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, and walk. The past three or four years I have done it, but I've been VERY out of shape. This year I'm already preparing, and it's making a difference. All because of a little guy named Jay. He's been such a blessing in so many ways!!! Please note though, if you come over, don't say "Jay, do you want to go for a walk?" unless you're prepared to do just that! *grin*

2. I can now honestly say, I miss the kids at school. Yup, I'll be ready to be back at work Monday. Getting up at 8am tomorrow will be a good way to prepare for the 6:30am wake up on Monday. I'm not surprised, as I typically want to see the kids toward the end of each break. *grin* I think that is just even more confirmation that I LOVE my job.

3. How is it already March 21? Seriously? Didn't we just enter in the New Year? It's all going by SO fast. *grin*

4. It's officially SPRING. Ohmygoodness that makes me smile! *grin*

5. I've watched a few March Madness basketball games. At one point I was in first place in our family pool. Now I'm in second. Ah well, glad it was a small amount of money. *grin* Today was not a good day for my teams on my bracket. Ah well, it was fun. *grin*

6. I had a student tell me the Friday before break that I say "Oh My Goodness" a lot. I didn't even realize it. Over the break, I have said it a lot. Weird. *giggle*

7. I'm almost done with the work I had wanted to get done over break. I put in quite a few hours, but it will be worth it as we dive into the next work week. It will be a CRAZY busy week. *grin* It feels good to be done with what is done. I'll do more tomorrow and be in a really good place going into Monday. *grin* I like that!

8. I've been deep in thought this week about the skin we're in. I have written about this several times, but I have just thought about it as I've watched the tournament this weekend. There are people called to do things for seasons and then move on to other things in other seasons. I think part of it is because I am getting older, and I notice things from an older/wiser perspective (and I mean that in the most humble way ;-)). I have thought a lot about how hard these athletes have worked to get to where they are today. This year they have added commercials with former college and NBA players. Some of them I recognized, and some of them I did not. I'll refrain from telling you who I knew and who I didn't. I don't want to give you that kind of information. *giggle* However, it led to a thought I've been pondering, and am still pondering. I am a teacher, and LOVE my job, but the world isn't going to know me like they know those ball players. (I'll save my soapbox post for a different day about that.) My point is: even though I am not famous in front of people, I am still touching generations by teaching in my classroom. I LOVE THAT. Tonight I was doing things for my students and I was thinking, "I remember when that student couldn't do that, now look at where he is at!" That's the thing about teaching SPED, sometimes I see the growth when I least expect it. I have several students that I plan on showing them how far they've come on Monday. Sure, they're young people now, but one day it will be their kids, and their kids' kids that are better off because of what I did for them. No, they will never know that, but that's fine. In God's eyes, he knows. That's why He made me. The more I've pondered that, the more I've liked it. Kinda cool.

9. I'm not so sure it's a great idea to have so much technology at my fingertips. Seriously. The ability to upload the new PASSION, EVEN SO COME album, and the newest Big Nate book without leaving my couch is slightly dangerous. I'm slightly kidding and slightly serious. I guess it's good I have a dog at the moment. I'm good with my finances, so it's not like I spent money I didn't have, but I must chuckle. Spending money is easier now than ever before, and I don't even have to leave my house. *grin* Praise God I am a good saver! *giggle*

10. I have to set an alarm tomorrow. I mean, I will have fun doing church stuff, but really, all these days of being in PJ's until noon or later have been fun too.

I think I'll go read now. I'm almost ready for the new Christine Caine book I got! *giggle*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: