Friday, April 24, 2015

A Night to Remember

I am wiped tonight, but in a good way. I often stop and think about how blessed I am to have the job that I do. I can't imagine my world without the people in my life. Truly. God has had me on an amazing journey since I moved here to L.S. I honestly wouldn't trade any of it for all the money in the world. I'm clearly in a season with the Lord where I'm seeing what really matters to me in life: PEOPLE. (Yes, Jay is a person!) *grin*

I have a caseload of AMAZING kids that make my life better on a daily basis. Yes, some wear me out, but that's okay because I am doing what He made me to do. Period.

This week my building hosted our district's Young Author's Conference.

I attended one in my previous district, but I hadn't been to one here in L.S.. I'll admit it, last night was REALLY cool! I got to meet students from different schools and it was a lot of fun. However, that wasn't the highlight for me.

My highlight was afterward when we stacked all the chairs. I know, it seems like an odd highlight.

However, no one said that we had to do that. We just jumped in and did it.

It was so neat how we helped each other, and worked together.

Sure, others worked very hard for last night, as my committee worked hard for Judging Day. My committee had already completed our jobs. *grin* However, to be there for the event, and to help at the end was priceless. It was a night I'll never forget. At the end, we took a group picture. I plan on framing that pic and putting it in my classroom.

I love how God can take a group of adults who may not necessarily be close, but use them to serve others.

I am blessed.

*grin*
Life.
Is.
GREAT.

No comments: