Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Oneday 2000---15 Years Later

On May 20, 2000, I stood on a hill in the rain, right outside of Memphis, Tennessee, and my life was impacted dramatically by that entire day of worship, speakers, and prayer times. I remember, as if it was yesterday, standing on that hill and telling the Lord that I wanted to live my life for Him. I didn't ask Him for a wedding or kids or the typical American Dream. I wanted to simply live my life for Him.

It's hard to believe that fifteen years have passed since then. I may not have had the wedding or kids or any of that. However, I am convinced I have the BEST job on the planet, and am walking out what He made me to do. I am convinced of that. *grin*

At the same time, I am preparing to enter into a new chapter of my life, and am feeling all sorts of emotions as I grow closer to it. While I am not in a spot where I can tell the world what's up, I can say that I am about to walk into a season that I know won't always be easy, but it will be full of life, laughter, and love. It will also be a season that I rely on Him in a way I haven't before, but I like that. That's why He waited until now for me to jump into this with both feet. *grin*

My favorite song from Oneday 2000 has the lyrics in it that have become a prayer for me throughout the past fifteen years and they say: "Give me a pure and holy passion, give me one magnificent obsession, give me one glorious ambition for my life, to know and follow hard after You."

I still play that song from time to time. It's number eight on my "most played" list. It's still my prayer from my heart to His, as I still desire to be close to Him in all I do. *grin*

Wow. Fifteen years.

I can't wait to see has happened in 2030 when I do my next Oneday 2000 post. *giggle*

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME!



No comments: