Saturday, June 27, 2015

Be A Voice, Not An Echo

I have many, many thoughts rolling around in my head, and I waited a day before I posted on here because I want to be responsible with my voice.

Many years ago I was in a church that wanted everyone to believe exactly like they did. There really wasn't freedom to voice other ideas. I knew this wasn't right, and shifted to another church. As it turned out, it was a lot like the last church I was in. Neither were cults, but they both believed if you skipped a service, or watched TV and/or movies, there was a problem with you. Hang with me here, there is a point to all of this....

Through those experiences, I told the Lord that I always want to live my life as a voice, not an echo of what everyone else is believing and saying. I want to be who He created me to be. Within that, I want to be a person who encourages people, and at the end of my life people would say, "She blessed me."

And of course, to hear, "Well done" at the end of my journey this side of Heaven. *grin*

I often ponder that I am chosen to be alive in this day and age. I mean, I could have been born in the 1200's, or the 2200's. However, He chose now, today, for me to be this side of Heaven. I don't take that lightly.

At the same time, I know people in REAL battles.

Whether or not people can marry each other seems trivial to me in comparison....

One family I know is back in a battle with Cancer after two years of being cancer-free.

Another family lost a loved one unexpectedly at the age of 17.

A dear family to me is struggling with finances and are having to be creative each month to get by.

I know several families with young people with Autism that must take each day at a time because otherwise raising their children is too overwhelming.

I have a friend who was at the raw end of a deal, and is now re-building a house that had been trashed beyond comprehension.

I spend a week out at camp, and come home and ALWAYS spend time praying for the parents of SEVERAL of those campers. Daily life is a challenge in itself for those families.

My list could go on and on.

Meanwhile, there are people in other countries that don't have water, food, electricity, heating, air conditioning, beds, walls, etc. And people in America are worried about marriages?

I live in America. I am proud to be an American.

Seems to me that who people marry is trivial when compared to other true challenges this side of Heaven.

Did you like my voice? Did you like that I didn't just say what other people have said?

You may not like my voice, and that's okay.

My approval of me is more important to me than yours.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.






No comments: