Saturday, August 22, 2015

Year #17, I Still Have the Best Job in the World!

This past Wednesday, I started my 17th year of teaching.

That makes me pause and think, "Seriously? Wasn't I just at P.S.U.?" *grin*

I will state that I am excited for this school year. I have some new students, as well as some returners. I have started working with some, and will begin my regular schedule this coming week. I'll be honest, I like it better when I'm on my schedule. *grin*

This year my district is rolling out technology 1-1. I'm REALLY excited for that. I plan on using free apps to get my students who have writing challenges to write using their voices. *grin*

I started yesterday with a boy that asked me about something he wanted to know. I automatically kicked into, "Okay, let's look it up!" I went ahead and showed him how to look up items, and what NOT to click on. It was a fun teacher moment. *grin*

Gone are the days of needing to go to the stacks in the library. (Poor kids will miss out on that wonderful experience. *grin*) They have portions of the world (with district blocked sites) at their fingertips. It's simply a different world. The cool thing is that I have kids that truly struggle with writing, but this year I will be able to take them places. I'm excited in a way I haven't been before in my job. I like that.

Sure, there are some challenges already, but everything always works out. (Scheduling for one example.)

I'm excited to see what this year has for us though.

My goal for the year is to get them as INDEPENDENT as possible.

It won't be easy, but gosh, it's going to be a fun ride.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: