Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Highlight of My Day, Everyday

I've been deep in thought this week. I won't go into the specifics of a decision I had to make this week, but I will say it was one of those decisions that brought tears to my eyes as I prayed through it. I know there will be a day when I'm before Him that I will understand what He asked me to do, but I will admit, there was a sense sadness within me Thursday and Friday when I went through my day.

Over and over again, He has shown me later what the reason was for a decision or a season. I know that He has something amazing for me as I earnestly seek Him. *grin*

So, yesterday at the end of the school day, I walked up to our school office so I could grab the walkie talkie for car rider duty. Walking up there has been on my mind all day today.

Everyday when I walk up, there is a little first grader waiting with his teacher for dismissal. He's a boy in one of our special programs, and he has captured my heart.

See, everyday at the end of the day, I walk up and his face lights up when he sees me. What follows is priceless.

He runs up to me and hugs me! *grin*

He's new to our building this year, but gosh he has a heart of gold.

It lasts for a minute before I have to go to duty, but it makes me smile and laugh daily.

So yesterday his teacher told me that everyday he waits for me and is so excited to see me.

I have to admit, that was a gift from God.

I can't even explain why, but I can say that it touched my heart in a special way.

It isn't that I was walking around all sad and depressed. I wasn't. I'm not.

It was just a reminder that in the future things will happen and in the meantime I can wait.

And I'll look forward to the end of each day, as a child's face lights up when he sees me. In that, I will know it's God's way of blessing me, in the midst of the waiting.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: