Saturday, December 05, 2015

What are you thinking? What are you feeling? I want to know....

Years ago, Misty Edwards had a worship oracle that resonated with Christians across the globe. I know for me, it impacted me in a deep way, and changed my walk with the Lord. I have heard some sermons that are also along those same lines, what if we walked around asking the Lord, "What are you thinking? What are you feeling?" I have spent hours pondering that phrase. I also apply it in other areas of my life. Even if I know an answer, sometimes I'm left pondering. Then I am reminded that He is in control and He has chosen me for a time such as this and that I am simply to walk this side of Heaven out to the best of my ability, with His leading of course.

Lately I have watched some scenes in our world, and have wondered, "What are those people thinking?"

The answer is, no matter what I come to on a situation, I will never know.

What I do know is that this side of Heaven isn't supposed to be easy. It isn't supposed to be understood. Otherwise, what's the point of Faith?

At the same time, I believe there are moments that remind us that there is good in this world, and that we are not to be dragged down by what is going on over the globe. I believe that we're to pray into those situations, but not be stuck there.

I also believe that we're to encourage & lift up those within our field of influence. God has done some neat things in my life recently that I don't want to forget, nor do I want those people to forget. *grin*

One example is from a drive to work this week. I was driving to work and He laid someone I work with on my heart. I said a short prayer and went on with my day. Later in the day, I saw her, and stopped to talk to her. I love it when He confirms that I heard Him. Turns out, she was "okay". I told her she was laid on my heart, and she was touched. Later in the week I talked to her, and she said it was so good to be in the midst of other believers because the school she was at before she wasn't. I smiled. I love it when He does that! *grin*

Another example is during Thanksgiving break, I spent the first day of break driving to and from Springfield to see a dear friend. Truthfully, that was the highlight of my entire break. We talked, shared our hearts, and prayed with each other before I left. I can't even explain what those 3 hours did for me, but gosh I loved it. Seriously. *grin*

I am now at a new church. I still love IHOP-KC, have zero bad feelings toward the ministry, but felt led to move to another church body. In the midst of the move, He has given me some new people to run with, and I'm SO EXCITED. More than once I've stopped and thought, "I love this!" Change is typically hard for me, but this has been really good for me. Some people still only see the limp, but in time that will fade. *grin*

And, of course, daily in my classroom, I work to bless those little people. This time of year is typically character-building, as kids are fully aware of the holidays coming up. At the same time, I want them to be working on academics too. *grin* Challenges sometimes happen in that endeavor. *grin* I'll admit, while the academics are the focus, I also work on their self esteem and worth as well. I often think to myself that I have the coolest job on the planet. I get to teach, laugh, and encourage little people everyday. While sometimes tiring, I can't imagine doing anything else. It's what He made me to do. I truly believe that.

So, while I will continue to have moments of pondering, "What are those people thinking," as the world continues to be the world, I will continue to walk out this life asking the Lord, "What are you thinking, what are you feeling, I want to know..."

Ultimately, that's what matters to me this side of Heaven, what He thinks. I can't change the world in the big scheme of events, but I can pray into them, and change my little corner that He put me in.

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: