Sunday, December 06, 2015

Legacy

Today was "move-in" day at my new church. Yes, one month after a started attending, we moved into the new, huge, auditorium. I loved it. I am still learning the way things work, but, I loved it from beginning to end. My favorite part was the beginning of worship, as the different worship team members came out one at a time and eventually the entire band was playing. It was AMAZINGLY cool! We also ended service with worship, which blessed me too as that isn't the way it usually is there. *grin*

Of course, this afternoon I have pondered the sermon. Pastor Phil spoke on Legacy and how today was the beginning of something that would be carried on, specifically for the 2045 church that will be in that sanctuary. I thought that was cool too. He's thinking ahead, not just for the "now". And then he challenged me.

Okay, well, not me specifically, but as a body he challenged us. He talked about what a legacy I am to leave when I join Him in Heaven.

I will openly admit that I have pondered that more since my second cousin went to Heaven than I ever have before. I think a lot about Matt, but I also think a lot about how I want others to think of me once I move on from this life. Don't get me wrong, I pray that is YEARS from now. *grin* At the same time, I ponder how will the world be different because I was in it.

I know in some circles, I am seen as the "out there" Christian. That's okay, my relationship with Him means more to me than anything else. At the same time, I want to be someone that draws others closer to Him. I have several friends that are amazing women of God, and I hope I am that to others within my little corner of the world.

So, all that to say, I haven't figured out the whole legacy thing, but I am pondering it.

I just hope that when others see me, they see Him.

I think that's a great place to start, don't you? *grin*

Life.
Is.
Awesome.

No comments: