Friday, May 27, 2016

Birthdays, Precious Stones, Slideshows, Books, and Sleep

I have been meaning to sit down all week to blog, but I've been a tired young lady. I have spent the week resting, reading, and cleaning. I'll explain the last one here in a bit. Suffice to say, I'm ready to type out all the thoughts rumbling around in my head. *grin*

I started the week with my Birthday. The older I get, the less Birthdays mean to me. I'm honored to be alive during this time in our history, don't get me wrong, I just don't need a lot of celebration about it. At the same time, this Birthday God had a special experience for me.

I was in Precious Stones, the Special Needs ministry, on Sunday. In the beginning, we didn't have any kids and I didn't think we would stay. At about 11:20, we were told we had kids coming. The current leader of the class came back in (she had left to rock babies) and two little ones entered. Their Mom came in and gave me instructions, and I was able to get the gist of it. One of them, a boy, had my heart before I even talked to him.

He had a face that looks different than ours, and I immediately had a heart for him. Due to confidentiality rules, I can't get into specifics, but suffice to say, he captured my heart. During prayer time, he took my hand, and it blessed my socks off. God is still teaching me tons through that little kid. I love how He does that. Totally.

I spent my Birthday working on our End of Year Slideshow. I've blogged about it before, and I will honestly say that I LOVE doing our school slideshow. I put 300 pictures to music, and the kids LOVE it. While there were some technical glitches the night before, it wound up just fine. *grin*

Monday was our last day of school, and I can honestly say I was in need of a break. We didn't have any days off in April, and it was a long quarter for all of us. I still love the job, but I have also been enjoying down time too.

I have been catching up on sleep. In fact, in the first 24 hours off, I slept something like 15 hours. I didn't realize how tired I was until I woke up. I am truly enjoying the "no alarm" thing of break. *grin* It will also help going into Term 1 next week, as sleep isn't a priority at camp. *grin* Gosh, I can't believe it, THE CAMPERS ARE COMING!!! *grin*

Finally, I've been enjoying reading. The thing I do the least during the school year, due to homework, is read. I have about ten books on the "to be read" pile. I finished the book I was reading during the school year, and am on a new one. It's been GREAT.

I adore the kids God has given me for this time in their lives, but I'm also glad we have Summer Breaks. 82 days until school starts. Yes, I plan to enjoy EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. *grin* I'm sure the kids will too. *grin*

The Resort is opening early this year, with some dear friends arriving on Monday! I'm so excited! Words cannot express how happy I am that they will be here for several days. Truly!

82 days.

They will fly by.

Tons to do, I love this!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AWESOME.

No comments: