Friday, September 02, 2016

Thoughts From One Tired Gal

Wow, it's hard to believe it's taken so long to blog. Life got busy again when I arrived home from Barnabas, and this is the first time I've sat down to blog. I have several small thoughts, and I'm tired, so this will be an interesting post.

School started and I've been running from the moment I'm up until it's time to sleep. I don't mind working hard, that's normal for this time of year. This year has had some ups and downs, but I can't even tell you how happy I am this year to have the amount of support that I do from the staff I'm on. No matter what happens, I know I have amazing support. I am blessed. *grin*

I am amazed at what He's called me to this semester. I have never thought of myself as a teacher of students with Behavioral Challenges. I am typically a teacher that serves students who struggle with reading, writing, and math. Yes, there are behaviors here and there, but this semester I feel like I'm in the advanced class with behaviors. He has given me words and wisdom at times, and crises have been decreased. I have moments where I want more help, truly, but He is giving me what I need to walk out each day. He even gave me a radio to ask for help, if needed. I've used it from time to time, but I KNOW that God has given me each of those students. So the tiredness, and hard work are worth it. Daily.

I have some new kids who have stolen my heart. I love that each year brings returners and new kids. I love how God makes each of us different, yet perfectly crafted in His eyes. So good.

One week ago tonight I attended a concert with my brother. We took a stroll down memory lane, as several artists from our teen years were present. It was a lot of fun, even if I didn't always show it. We were both exhausted from the work week, but it was fun.

The ride home was one I won't forget, as we were under a flood warning. It took me over an hour to get home (normally it's about 25 minutes) and I turned around more than once due to high water. I will NEVER AGAIN take it for granted when I make it home without trouble. Never. I take so much for granted. Truly.

I'm still adjusting to work hours, but I'm getting there. This whole early morning stuff is for the birds, but I love what I do, so it's a bittersweet thing. *grin*

We have a three-day weekend, and we all have earned it. Totally.

I plan to read.

Sleep.

Relax.

And yes, schoolwork somewhere in there.

Tonight though, I think I'll sleep until I wake up in the morning. *grin*

Life.
Is.
Awesome.

No comments: