Saturday, January 21, 2017

Thoughts On A Humbling Week

This is a post more for me than for you. Truly.

I have pondered what I wanted to write about a week full of love given to me, on a level I NEVER expected.

This week I was given the Learning For Life award in Lee's Summit, Missouri. Words cannot describe how this week felt. I will be honest, I knew ahead of time. In the middle of a character-building week in December, I got the call that told me I had won the award for January. I was smiling inside and out, and honestly told only a handful of people. They didn't tell me to keep it quiet, I simply didn't want to be a showoff. I don't do the job for awards, I do it to teach kids the skills they need later in life. Truly.

In the 2006-2007 school year, I was given two awards in my previous district. In that chapter, I learned what follows an award. However, I didn't expect what I got this week.

Moving from my previous district to this one has been full of highs, lows, and everything in between. In the midst of this season, I've had unconditional supporters, and others who were less than that. I think that's just part of life though. Not everyone will understand my world. I get it.

However, this week I have received love on a level I never would have expected.

I received the most touching emails that I have printed for my physical scrapbook.

I've had staff members drop by to congratulate me.

I have also had people I don't even know congratulate me.

All of this attention has been humbling.

I know God made me to teach. I have simply been doing what He made me to do.

Some days are wonderful, and some days are full of challenges.

I wouldn't trade it for anything though.

Ever.

So, I hesitated in sharing this story, as I don't want to be a showoff.

However, I write for me and not for you. Years from now I'll want to read my thoughts and feelings about this week. So, you just get the bonus of reading what I'm thinking and feeling. *grin*

Thank You to all who have taken time to congratulate me. Every once in a while God chooses to show us how loved we are, and this week I have definitely felt the love. Thank you!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
GOOD.

No comments: