Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Year #18 Is A Wrap

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

It is hard to believe it is the first day of Summer Break, as this year was my hardest year as an educator. I am proud of the kids and the challenges they overcame in order to end the school year. I am looking forward to some rest more than anything.

The end of the school year is always so bittersweet. Letting go of my sixth graders was a mix of emotions, but I was excited for them more than anything, as they step forward into the Middle School land. After the early release of school, I walked over to take a picture of one student with all of his teachers. That blessed me, as that kid meant a lot to me throughout his career. However, the most memorable moment came from one of my girls.

She came over and hugged me and held on. I didn't expect it, as she isn't typically a gal of emotions. She held on, and I just let her. When she pulled away, she had tears in her eyes. She was a little embarrassed because she turned to her Mom and said, "Okay, let's go." I am blessed because I get to tutor her this Summer and will LOVE every moment of it.

Each year is unique from the year before, and I look forward to a Summer of recharging my batteries in order to serve my amazing students next year. This Summer will be full of Camp Barnabas, tutoring, sleeping, and reading. I can't wait for my reading time, as I haven't gotten to do it as much as I would have liked to this year. *grin*

Day 1 of of 71. Yes, I counted. Best. Job. Ever.

Totally.

Today will include lunch with a friend and a movie later for a belated birthday celebration.

For now, I think I'll read my book. *giggle*

Life.
Is.
Good.

No comments: