Thursday, December 28, 2017

Posted by John David Anderson

Every once in a GREAT while, I find a book that makes my top ten. Okay, top 5. I'm still working to find ten books that I can truly recommend with confidence. I will be honest and say I currently only have 3 books that I would love everyone in the world to read. Okay, not counting the Bible. I mean, that'a a given, right? The Bible is THE book! However, since that's a given, I have three that are worthy of making my top book list of all-time. I've blogged about the other two in the past. They are Wonder by RJ Polaccio (and the additional ebook chapters), and The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. I highly recommend those books. Today I want to introduce you to a new book. The title is Posted by John David Anderson.

I have been fascinated by Young Adult, and Early Readers books, for years. I truly believe it's because I have a heart for kids with character-building experiences. I also like that it's fiction, so I can stomach the stories while relating to them on some level. *grin*

Posted is a book about friendship and bullies. While I was bullied at times as a kid, it is NOTHING in comparison to what kids often experience today. I was blessed to be able to go home and not have the internet to remind me how many people enjoyed being mean to me. (In all honesty, it was one or two kids at a time for me. Overall, kids liked me and I was blessed.) In this book, cell phones are banned and kids are left with sticky notes to pass notes or put on each other's lockers.

I was hooked from page one, and struggled with wanting to finish and and not wanting to finish it. If you don't like to read, you won't understand that struggle, but it is a real thing for book lovers of all ages. *grin* I don't find books like this very often, which is why I wanted to dedicate a whole blog post to this book.

This book is fictional, but every part of it was believable. I could see each part of it happening, and kids emotions being as transparent as they are in this book. I love the phrase, "You find your people and they become your tribe." That quote has proven true to me throughout my life. Truly. *grin*

So, I encourage you to download it, buy it, or check it out at your nearest library. You won't be disappointed.

So now I'm on the hunt for recommendation #4. I'll keep ya posted.

Until then, HAPPY READING!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
FUN...WITH A GOOD BOOK!

No comments: